Women United's signature program, Preschool Pages, is a partnership with local elementary schools to support the development of early literacy skills in preschoolers in the community. Young children and their caregivers participate in story time and related crafts and activities which helps these young learners develop important early literacy skills while learning that school is a safe and nurturing place. You can support children by donating books or funds for books, ensuring that each child can take a book home from the program to build their home library.
Early Literacy Makes a Difference
- The most recent Kindergarten Readiness data shows that approximately 67% of Pickens County kindergartners tested "Not Ready" for kindergarten.
- 80% of brain development happens in the first three years of life.
- Early experiences with books, stories, and words make a difference in student success.
Your financial donation gives a toddler a head start in learning and in life. Your gift will:
- place books into the eager hands of a toddler;
- spread the love and joy of reading;
- provide the early experiences with books, stories and words that are proven to make a difference in student success;
- increase the number of children who start kindergarten "ready to learn"; and
- add you as a member of Women United, an unstoppable network of women committed to improving the lives of children in Pickens County.
Click the button below to make your fast, secure gift to provide valuable early literacy experiences to the youngest learners in our community.
Young children and their caregivers participate in Preschool Pages programs which include specific books and accompanying activities for each session. You can make sure that every child takes home a copy of the books by shopping the Book List locally at Poor Richard's Booksellers (864-859-0687; 107 W. Main Street, Easley) where you receive a 20% discount and free delivery to schools, or online through our Amazon Wishlist.
BECOME A SPONSOR
Take your gift to the next level as a Preschool Pages sponsor. Make a difference by providing books for young learners and receive promotional benefits as well.
Thank you to our generous Preschool Pages sponsors!
To add your name to our list of amazing Preschool Pages sponsors, click here.
Your Gifts In Action
Watch the video below to see your gifts to Preschool Pages in action!
Join Women United
Joining Women United is easy! Simply purchasing books or donating funds to Preschool Pages makes you a member of Women United. Be sure to include your name and contact information with your donation so that we may let you know about upcoming Women United events.