Women United's signature program, Preschool Pages, is a partnership with local elementary schools to support the development of early literacy skills in preschoolers in the community. Young children and their caregivers participate in story time and related crafts and activities which helps these young learners develop important early literacy skills while learning that school is a safe and nurturing place. You can support these children through donating books or funds for books, ensuring that each child can take a book home from the program to build their home library.
Early Literacy Makes a Difference
- The most recent Kindergarten Readiness data shows that approximately 67% of Pickens County kindergartners tested "Not Ready" for kindergarten.
- 80% of brain development happens in the first three years of life.
- Early experiences with books, stories, and words make a difference in student success.
Young children and their caregivers participate in Preschool Pages programs which include specific books and accompanying activities for each session. You can make sure that every child takes home a copy of the books by shopping the Book List locally at Poor Richard's Booksellers, or online through our Amazon Wishlist.
Your financial donation gives a toddler a head start in learning and in life. Your gift will:
- place books into the eager hands of a toddler;
- spread the love and joy of reading;
- provide the early experiences with books, stories and words that are proven to make a difference in student success;
- increase the number of children who start kindergarten "ready to learn"; and
- add you as a member of Women United, an unstoppable network of women committed to improving the lives of children in Pickens County.
Help reach our goal of fully funding six Preschool Pages sites in 2021-2022 by making your donation below. We have raised $9,785 of our $10,000 goal. Click the button below to make your fast, secure gift to provide valuable early literacy experiences to the youngest learners in our community.
Thank a Preschool Pages Teacher
This is a great service opportunity for individuals and groups! Thank our hardworking and dedicated Preschool Pages teachers with a special note of encouragement. Click to learn more!
Lunchtime for Literacy
This annual fundraiser to support Preschool Pages was held virtually this year on March 25. Keynote speaker Jane Robelot of WYFF News 4 delighted the virtual audience with her heartfelt message on the value of literacy. The event raised $9,785 of our $10,000 goal. $10,000 will provide books for six Preschool Pages sites in 2021-2022. Won't you add your donation to this goal today? Donate securely online.
Join Women United
Joining Women United is easy! Simply purchasing books or donating funds to Preschool Pages makes you a member of Women United. Be sure to include your name and contact information with your donation so that we may let you know about upcoming Women United events.