Through the generosity of the community, the three United Way of Pickens County volunteer Impact Councils have strategically invested in high quality, impactful programs in the priority areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Community Basic Services.
Each year, Partner Agencies open their programs and budgets to intense review by the Impact Council volunteers who facilitate the Community Investment Process. Targeted program outcomes and results drive the funding decision and are crucial in ensuring that your donations are working hard to strategically improve lives right here in Pickens County.
2020-2021 Impact Goals
IMPACT AREA: EDUCATION
Bold Goal: 70% of 3rd graders will be reading on grade level by 2025.
IMPACT AREA: FINANCIAL STABILITY
Goal 1 - Employment Training and Job Connections
- Individuals obtain job skills through training and retraining
- Individuals have soft-skills training to help secure stable employment
- Barriers to job training and education (childcare, transportation, etc.) are decreased
- Individuals obtain employment or better employment
Goal 2 - Financial Literacy and Stability
- Individuals have the skills necessary to be responsible money managers
- Individuals have acquired computer literacy skills
IMPACT AREA: COMMUNITY BASIC SERVICES
Goal - Supporting Services for Families and Individuals in Times of Need
- Individuals and families have access to food, meeting their hunger and nutrition needs
- Individuals and families have access to shelter and to assistance that helps them meet their shelter needs
- Individuals have access to medical, mental health, counseling and addiction services
- Individuals and families have transportation available to help meet basic daily needs