Join our team as an AmeriCorps Upstate member and fight poverty while gaining valuable professional experience, training and education benefits. Commit to a year of national service and not only will you help your country and community, but you'll also gain career experience, education credits, living allowance, health insurance and more!
- Gain real-world professional experience to build your resume.
- Connect to a network of employers who choose candidates with national service experience.
- Become a mentor and coach to those in need utilizing the evidence-based EMPath Mobility Mentoring model.
- Support participants as they strive to meet mutli-faceted long-term goals for life improvement.
- Overcome barriers by providing crisis assistance and connections to community resources.
- Get certified through United Way's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to provide free tax preparation services.
BYE, SCHOOL DEBT. HELLO, HEALTH INSURANCE
Members receive a $6,495 education award at the end of the service year, matched by 180 colleges and universities, to use toward tuition or paying back existing student loans, plus these great benefits:
- Living Allowance - $27,000
- Health Insurance - including dental and vision
- Child Care Assistance
For more information about joining the AmeriCorps team, view the position description or contact Jeremy Price, 864-850-7094, x133.