- Free Healthy Summer Meals Program For Kids 2-18yrs Starts June 13! For Details & To Sign-Up Your Child Visit http://t.co/8CmoVbguGp
- Each time #Oklahoma is tested, its people rise to the challenge. You're in our thoughts and we wish you strength during this difficult time.
- 6 Great Ways to Make Another Person's Day http://t.co/QeXb2sHRI8
- Donate to United Way of Central Oklahoma's Tornado Relief Fund @unitedwayokc by phone, mail, or on their website http://t.co/C9k2lpkWE7
- Want to help Oklahoma Tornado Victims? Learn how to get involved at @NBCNews http://t.co/fXjocxjoxN
Our Big Volunteer Event Is Finally Here!
We are trying to recruit 15 volunteer mentors to become a Big Brother Big Sister mentor for 15 Pickens County children who are currently on a waiting list. Learn how you can make a difference in the life of a child by visiting Get Connected. Please share this with your friends, family, and coworkers and help us find 15 volunteers! We can do this!
Benefits that will be felt in Pickens County through Get Connected:
-Allows us to leverage the power of the internet and social media, to strengthen engagement with & between individuals from Pickens County and the agencies they support, helping and growing all in the process.
-Advertises the needs and services of all United Way agencies and other organizations in the community
-Helps find new volunteers and successfully match them with needs and opportunities they are interested in, with United Way agencies and other agencies in the community
Agency Training Webinars for Get Connected
Webinars are held every week on Tuesdays at 1pm and Thursdays at 3pm to help agencies get started with Get Connected or for those who have questions. Andy Gmitter from Galaxy Digital, our Get Connected creator, will be leading the webinars.
About Getting Connected
What is "Get Connected"????
Get Connected was developed specifically for United Ways to fulfill their mission of GIVE, ADVOCATE, VOLUNTEER.
This is a web based tool that connects Pickens County residents who want to volunteer with programs, projects and agencies that really need them.Signing up for Get Connected is easy and is set up to cater to any indivduals interests and passions.
Just click Sign Up above to get started!! Become a fan of an organization and you'll recieve emails and updates from them!
United Way of Pickens County is building an army of volunteers with an ambitious goal of 10,000 volunteers in year one.
Get Connected today!!
For questions or concerns about Get Connected Contact Candi Smith at 864-850-7094 ext 104 or email at email@example.com
- Kaji O: replied to the Need "Volunteer to become a Big Brother Big Sister today! " - May 19, 2013
- Kaji O: joined the site - May 19, 2013
- Gretchen B: replied to the Need "Volunteer Interviewers" - May 17, 2013
- Gretchen B: replied to the Need "Make a difference at our offices or emergency shelter!" - May 17, 2013
- Walter R: became a fan of "Pickens County Habitat for Humanity" - Apr 30, 2013
- Walter R: joined the site - Apr 30, 2013
- Anthony L: became a fan of "Miracle Hill Children's Home" - Apr 20, 2013
- Anthony L: became a fan of "SHARE" - Apr 20, 2013
- Anthony L: became a fan of "ReWiGo Ministries" - Apr 20, 2013
- Anthony L: became a fan of "Happy Hooves Therapeutic Equestrian Center" - Apr 20, 2013
- MARYS House: posted a new need "Volunteer Needed for Cleaning" - May 01, 2013
- MARYS House: posted a new event "MARYS Closet Bag Sale" - May 01, 2013
- School District of Pickens County: posted a new need "Donations To Pickens Social Workers For Homeless Students" - Apr 16, 2013
- The Parenting Place : posted a new need "Critical need for diapers and diaper wipes" - Apr 10, 2013