- @UnitedWay empowers people to change the conditions in which they live. GIVE ADVOCATE #VOLUNTEER #LIVEUNITED
- Free Healthy Summer Meals Program For Kids 2-18yrs Starts June 13! For Details & To Sign-Up Your Child Visit http://t.co/8CmoVbguGp
- Each time #Oklahoma is tested, its people rise to the challenge. You're in our thoughts and we wish you strength during this difficult time.
- 6 Great Ways to Make Another Person's Day http://t.co/QeXb2sHRI8
- Donate to United Way of Central Oklahoma's Tornado Relief Fund @unitedwayokc by phone, mail, or on their website http://t.co/C9k2lpkWE7
Benefits that will be felt in Pickens County through Get Connected:
-Allows us to leverage the power of the internet and social media, to strengthen engagement with & between individuals from Pickens County and the agencies they support, helping and growing all in the process.
-Advertises the needs and services of all United Way agencies and other organizations in the community
-Helps find new volunteers and successfully match them with needs and opportunities they are interested in, with United Way agencies and other agencies in the community
Agency Training Webinars for Get Connected
Webinars are held every week on Tuesdays at 1pm and Thursdays at 3pm to help agencies get started with Get Connected or for those who have questions. Andy Gmitter from Galaxy Digital, our Get Connected creator, will be leading the webinars.
About Getting Connected
What is "Get Connected"????
Get Connected was developed specifically for United Ways to fulfill their mission of GIVE, ADVOCATE, VOLUNTEER.
This is a web based tool that connects Pickens County residents who want to volunteer with programs, projects and agencies that really need them.Signing up for Get Connected is easy and is set up to cater to any indivduals interests and passions.
Just click Sign Up above to get started!! Become a fan of an organization and you'll recieve emails and updates from them!
United Way of Pickens County is building an army of volunteers with an ambitious goal of 10,000 volunteers in year one.
Get Connected today!!
For questions or concerns about Get Connected Contact Candi Smith at 864-850-7094 ext 104 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letitia W: joined the site - Nov 25, 2013
- Laura S: became a fan of "SHINE" - Nov 25, 2013
- Laura S: became a fan of "MARYS House" - Nov 25, 2013
- Laura S: replied to the Need "Volunteers to teach GED and Computer Classes!" - Nov 25, 2013
- Laura S: joined the site - Nov 25, 2013
- cy b: joined the site - Nov 19, 2013
- Emily G: became a fan of "SHINE" - Nov 19, 2013
- Emily G: became a fan of "Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Upstate" - Nov 19, 2013
- Emily G: became a fan of "Butterfly Ministry for Girls" - Nov 19, 2013
- Emily G: joined the site - Nov 19, 2013
- United Way of Pickens County: posted a new need "Disabled man needs help with driveway" - Nov 08, 2013
- MARYS House: posted a new event "Christmas Tree Ornament Sale" - Nov 07, 2013
- Samaritan Health Clinic The Free Clinic of Pickens County: posted a new need "Want to donate?" - Sep 27, 2013
- United Way of Pickens County: posted a new need "Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)" - Sep 20, 2013